We are committed to making WCWS accessible to people from resource-limited communities and will have a limited number of scholarships available. Although every attempt will be made to assist as many people as possible, there are only a limited number of scholarships available.
Due to the overwhelming number of scholarship requests received already, we have closed the scholarship application. Over the past 6 weeks, we have received more than 600 scholarship applications and anticipate being able to provide only 100-150. We remain committed to making the conference accessible to people from resource-limited communities, and will continue to seek additional funding for scholarships so that we may assist as many people as possible.
Do you have any materials that we can use for fundraising?
Below is a letter and information flyer on the conference that you can use to support your request for funding to attend the conference.
Who can we approach to help us fundraise to come to the conference?
Consider reaching out to organizations and individuals that already support your organization’s work. Be sure to emphasize how attending this conference will benefit the work that you do and thereby benefit your community.
While it would be great to have one sponsor to finance the entire delegate costs, that may not be possible. Smaller donations are sometimes easier to get, and they can be combined together to reach the total amount needed.
How much money will I need?
- $50–100 – Roundtrip ground transportation to and from Washington, DC area airport and hotel. This estimate does not include the transportation cost from your home to the airport you are departing from. The exact cost will vary depending on which airport you fly into in Washington, DC.
- $80–100 – Meals (for institute & conference days, excluding meals that are provided).
- $260 – One hotel night at the Gaylord Hotel & Convention Center (includes taxes).
- $275 – 1-day Institute registration for NGO delegate.
- $650 – 3-day conference registration for one NGO delegate.
- $400–500 – Roundtrip domestic airfare.
- $1,000 – 1,500 – Roundtrip international airfare.
- $2,755 – 2,925 – Full conference costs for one US delegate.
- $3,355 – 3,925 – Full conference costs for one international delegate.